Acar is an Indonesian version of the Indian achar, or picked vegetables. Eaten as a condiment with satay, fried noodles, or fried rice, Indonesian acar contains cucumber, carrots, shallots and chillies.
- 100 gr carrot
- 100 gr cucumber
- 4 shallots, small, peeled, diced
- 5 chilies, small, green
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- 4 tbsp drinking water
- Peel carrots, remove cucumber seeds, and dice both (0.5 cm x 0.5 cm).
- In a medium-sized bowl, put all the ingredients together and mix well until all the salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Keep in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Transfer to a small serving bowl and serve it as a condiment.
- Stored in a jar with a tight lid, acar keeps well in the refrigerator for ages.
Keywords: Condiments, achar, salad