Ayam suwir crispy is a dish of chicken breast that’s been boiled, shredded, mixed with spices, and then deep-fried. A super crispy snack that should be enjoyed with chilli sauce or sambal.
- 200g chicken breast
- 2 inches ginger, peeled and sliced
- ¼ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Dash of white pepper
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 3 tbsp corn four
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 litre water
- Bring the water to a boil. Add the ginger, salt, and dash of white pepper. Add the chicken breast and lower the heat to a simmer. Let the chicken cook slowly, and turn off the stove when done, about 30 minutes.
- Shred the chicken.
- Add the coriander power, chilli powder, turmeric powder, and corn flour to the shredded chicken. Mix well.
- In a pan or a wok, heat up the oil until very, very hot. Fry the shredded chicken until crispy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with chilli sauce or sambal dabu dabu.
- In the photos, the chopped tomatoes are part of the sambal dabu-dabu and should be made separately.
Keywords: non-spicy, common ingredients, coriander, turmeric