Pisang Owol is a criminally sinful treat from Solo, in which an unsuspecting banana is pressed, fried in butter, and lathered with chocolate condensed milk and chocolate sprinkles.
- 2 ripe and firm bananas
- 1 tbsp butter
- Chocolate condensed milk to taste
- Grated cheddar cheese to taste
- Chocolate sprinkles to taste
- Peel the bananas and lightly press using a small chopping board or flat plate to slightly flatten it. Set aside.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a griddle.
- Add the bananas, cook until they turn light golden brown (around 4 minutes each side).
- Transfer the bananas in individual serving plates, drizzle with chocolate condensed milk, and then sprinkle with grated cheese and chocolate sprinkles.
- Serve immediately.
- Always use a ripe banana that is still firm. Firm bananas won’t get mushy.
Keywords: Cheese, Quick and easy, sweet