Sayur bening pakchoy is a clear, simple bok choy soup cooked with onions, garlic, chillies and anchovies. It’s light, healthy, and perfect for a quick and easy meal on a rainy day.
- 250g baby bok choy, chopped
- 1 tsp dried anchovies, rinsed (optional)
- 2 inches garlic, sliced
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 big red chillies, sliced (optional)
- 1 bird’s eye chilli, sliced
- 600ml water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- In a wok or a pot, heat the oil over a medium flame. Add the shallots and saute until they soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and chillies. Saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the water and the dried anchovies. Bring to a boil, and let it continue boiling for another 10 minutes. Adjust the seasoning.
- Add the baby bok choy and mix well. Once the soup starts boiling again, turn off the flame immediately.
- Bok choy should be blanched, not boiled.
Keywords: Quick and easy, healthy, one pot meal, common ingredients