A quick and easy meal of spaghetti in Indonesian-style tomato sauce – with chillies, of course. Here, tomatoes, chillies, shallots and garlic are fried, blended and then poured over cooked spaghetti.
- 5 large tomatoes
- 5 big red chillies
- 7 large shallots, peeled
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 350g pasta
- Salt to taste
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves (optional)
- In a large pot, add water, salt, and boil the spaghetti until cooked. Drain and set aside. About 15 minutes.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes, chillies, shallots and garlic.
- In a wok or a pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, chillies, shallots and garlic.
- Sauté until the tomatoes and chillies are well-cooked, around 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour over the spaghetti and serve. Garnish with fresh chopped tomatoes and coriander leaves.
- To turn up the heat, just add more chilies!
Keywords: Experimental, Quick and Easy, Spicy, Common Ingredients