This spiced-up omelette is quick and easy, consisting of eggs deep-fried with shallots, spring onions and chillies — which give a fresh, quintessentially-Indonesian taste to the dish.
- 2 eggs
- 2 shallots
- 1 small stalk spring onion
- 2 bird’s eye chillies (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp water
- Half cup cooking oil for frying
- Crack the eggs in a medium-sized bowl.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots, then add to the bowl.
- Thinly slice the spring onion and chillies, add to the bowl.
- Add salt and water.
- Beat the egg mixture until all the ingredients are well-combined.
- Heat a small deep frying pan over a medium flame.
- Add the egg mixture and fry the eggs until golden, around 3 minutes each side.
- Serve immediately
- Telur gobal gabul is also delectable paired with bread or toast (something I learned while living overseas). Sometimes I even eat it on its own.
Keywords: Quick and easy, common ingredients, eggs