A raw vegetable salad with sambal urap. This dish is from Central Java and makes for a quick and easy meal, especially if you’ve already pre-made the sambal.
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced (around 1 cm)
- 3 stalks long beans, cut into 0.5 cm pieces
- 1 small cup bean sprouts
- Half cup kemangi leaves (Indonesian basil)
- Half cup sambal urap
- Mix all ingredients in a salad bowl.
- Serve immediately.
- If long beans are hard to find, you can substitute them with young and tender French beans.
- Indonesian basil can be substituted with basil. The aroma will be different, but it will still be fresh and delicious.
- Always choose fresh, young and tender vegetables for the best salad.
- Feel free to reduce or increase the quantity of the sambal urap based on your preference.
Keywords: Coconut, Cucumber, Beans, Non-spicy, Healthy