A quick and easy Indonesian twist to the popular Italian dish, spaghetti aglio e olio. Here, kaffir lime leaves, chillies and mushroom powder are added to adapt to the local palate.
- 250 gr spaghetti
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, stem removed, very thinly sliced
- 1 small red chili, thinly sliced
- 2 bird’s eye chillies, finely chopped (optional)
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tsp mushroom stock powder
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Put the oil, garlic, kaffir lime leaves and chillies in a large deep pan over medium high heat and cook until the garlic is translucent and golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the salt, white pepper powder and mushroom stock powder. Turn off the heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the packaging instructions.
- Toss the cooked spaghetti over the garlic mix and transfer the dish into serving plates.
- Serve immediately.
- The fresh kaffir lime leaves are not to be substituted with the dried ones.
- Chillies can be substituted with chili flakes (peperoncino).
Keywords: fusion Indonesian cuisine