Es jeruk, or iced orange juice, is one of the most common drinks served in Indonesian eateries all over the country. It’s basically orange juice, water, and sugar, and is refreshingly sweet and citrusy.
- 4 medium-sized fresh oranges
- Sugar to taste, dilute it with a few tbsp hot water, cool off
- Drinking water
- Squeeze the oranges to obtain the juice.
- Put the juice in a jug, add some sugar syrup and water, and stir well.
- Pour the drink into two individual glasses.
- Add some ice cubes.
- Serve immediately.
- To make a hot orange drink, instead of cold water, pour hot water.
- Always test the level of sweetness, before adding any sugar.
Keywords: Quick and easy, healthy, vegan