This delicious dish, consisting of fried tempeh coarsely mashed with chillies and garlic, is a quick and easy meal that is both nutritious and addictive.
- 100 gr tempeh
- 3 bird’s eye chillies
- 1 big red chilli
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- Salt to taste
- Mushroom stock powder (optional)
- Deep fry the tempeh until golden brown (around 3 minutes each side), set aside.
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound into a fine paste: chillies, garlic, salt and mushroom stock powder.
- Add the fried tempeh.
- Coarsely crush all the ingredients together.
- Toss all the ingredients until they are well mixed.
- Serve immediately.
- The fried tempeh in this recipe is made using fresh tempe. Leftover fried tempeh can also be used instead.
- The amount of chillies can be adjusted. For a spicier sambal, use more bird’s eye chillies, and for less spicy, replace the bird’s eye chillies with big red chillies.
Keywords: Vegan, spicy, quick and easy, common ingredients