Setup pisang is a sweet and comforting warm dessert, consisting of bananas poached in spices and herbs such as cinnamon, cloves and pandan leaves.
- 6 cooking bananas
- 50 gr palm sugar
- 60 gr granulated sugar
- 2 pandan leaves
- 5 cloves
- 2 pcs whole cinnamons barks
- 1 lt water
- Boil the palm sugar with 0.5 lt of water, sieve, set aside.
- Peel and slice the bananas into bite sizes, set aside.
- In a cooking pan, bring to a boil: the remaining water, the palm sugar syrup, cinnamon, cloves and granulated sugar.
- When the soup has boiled, add the banana slices, and simmer over medium low heat for 25 minutes.
- Transfer the spiced bananas into an individual serving bowl and serve.
- Adjust the amount of sugar according to your preference.
- Setup pisang is also great served lukewarm or cold.
Keywords: Vegan, Palm sugar, cinnamon, cloves, pandan leaves