This clear green bean soup is a simple, comforting dish that uses common ingredients and can be whipped up quickly. It’s light and refreshing, with a hint of tanginess from the boiled tomatoes.
- 200 gr green beans, chopped
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 inches fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 small tomato, quartered
- 1 tsp concentrated chicken stock
- 300 ml water
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- Pinch of white pepper powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cooking pot over low heat. Add the sliced onions, saute until they soften, around 3 mins.
- Add the ginger and garlic. Continue sauteeing for another 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Add all the remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat, until the green beans soften, around 15 mins.
- Turn off the heat and serve.
- I like my green beans soft, so I tend to boil them longer. If you prefer your beans crunchy, omit the green beans from Step (4) of the cooking process. Let all the other ingredients boil and come together for 10-15 min, then add the green beans later.
Keywords: Common Ingredients, Quick & Easy, Non-spicy